These are the steps you will need to do prior to the heatigation process. If you have any questions we would welcome your call at 740-385-7125.
- To avoid spreading bedbugs, do not remove anything other than what’s specified below from your residence.
- All people and pets must be out of the residence during entire service, no exceptions. (All fish tanks containing fish must be removed from residence)
- Remove all heat-susceptible ingredients, easily melted materials, and heat sensitive equipment including, but are not limited to:
- Family heirlooms
- Candles, lipsticks, perfumes, lotions, acrylics, paintings (water colors or oil based), antique pictures, crayons, paraffin wax, cosmetics, canning wax, frames and any objects that are assembled with glue.
- Indoor plants including seeds and bulbs Fruits and vegetables (place in refrigerator)
- Chocolates, candy, medicines, and vitamins (place in refrigerator)
- All beverages including but not limited to soda or beer and any food products containing artificial sweeteners such as instant drink mixes and artificial sugars, wine, champagne or any alcohol. (place in refrigerator)
- Flammable or combustible chemical compounds, including gasoline, butane, cigarette lighters, ammunition, aerosol cans, compressed gases, fire extinguishers and cleaners containing distillates, and illegal items.
- Any other liquids such as cleaning detergents and pesticides.
DO NOT REMOVE ANY OTHER ITEMS UNLESS DIRETED BY ARAB PEST CONTROL. UNINSPECTED ITEMS SHALL NOT RETURN TO THE STRUCTURE
PLEASE NOTE: Any items that you wish to remove should be boxed up and left by door for Arab Termite & Pest Control to inspect prior to treatment.
- Before beginning of the treatment, make sure that ventilating and air conditioning systems and dust collectors are shut off.
- Electrical equipment, such as computers, televisions, etc MUST BE powered down and unplugged. (DO NOT UNPLUG REFRIGERATOR)
- Shut off fire alarms and burglar alarms (notify your security company)
- Fans will be used to circulate the air throughout the treated area. Collect and box up any loose items (papers, glass items) that maybe drifted around or knocked over by air movement, but leave in unit to be treated. Dust will circulate throughout treated areas
- Stringed instruments including pianos may be de-tuned by the heat. It is your responsibility to have these items re-tuned. If removing these items, you must leave case behind to be treated.
- Any waterbeds need to be drained, airbeds partially deflated and select comfort beds need to be partially deflated and unplugged
- All Cassette, VHS, Records, Film & CDs to be bagged and removed, needs to be treated and hold for 1 week.
- Plastic mini blinds must be taken down and bagged and removed. Provide access to all areas to be treated
POST TREATMENT PREPARATION
The following measures are recommended to increase the effectiveness of the Heatigation process:
- After treatment, please note that the furniture in your unit will be moved around, mattresses and box springs will be leaned against the wall, and bedding materials and other belongings may be spread out in the bedrooms. Arab Pest Control will make every effort to restore things to their original location but cannot guarantee exact placement.
- Return plants and pets to treated areas (make sure to plug in air supply)
- To prevent reintroduction of bed bugs, place any clothing materials outside the treated area into a hot dryer for a minimum of 30 minutes at temperatures above 125 degrees BEFORE bringing them into the treated areas (this includes the clothing your wore out of your residence the day of treatment)
- It is recommended that you use bed bug proven mattress and box spring encasements to detect future problems. (these can be purchased through Arab Pest Control at an additional expense)
- Arab Pest Control will make every effort to vacuum up any of the bedbugs that emerge during the Heatigation process; however customer should make an effort to vacuum any bedbugs after treatment, so Arab Pest Control can verify effectiveness in a follow-up inspection. After vacuuming, place contents in plastic bag, seal, and dispose of out of the building.
- Follow-up inspection will take place about 10-14 days after the Heatigation to ensure effectiveness.
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. EST