Arab Termite & Pest Control offers customized solutions for all mosquito challenges, including the West Nile Virus and other mosquito-borne diseases. From launching a comprehensive mosquito control program to enhancing your current program, our expert technicians help with your mosquito challenge, Arab Termite & Pest Control can help.
Arab Termite & Pest Control utilizes a barrier treatment to help eliminate and control mosquito infestations. The barrier treatment uses a power backpack blower. This controls mosquitoes within the property and prevents re-infestation by treating the natural vegetation around the house and perimeter of the estate. When mosquitoes come in contact with the treated vegetation, they die.
Mosquito Control in tire piles, Arab Termite & Pest Control applies a long leasing granule that controls the mosquito population in tire piles, when the water dries up inside the tires the granules can reactive after a rain to give you the long lasting control.
Mosquitoes are an all too familiar summer nuisance. Not only are they annoying, they can also transmit encephalitis, malaria, and yellow fever to humans, and heartworm to pets.
You can take simple, positive steps to reduce this menace right at home.
Remove all standing water. Adult flying mosquitoes often rest in tall grass and shrubbery, but they cannot develop there. All mosquitoes need water to complete their life cycle. Some mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water where they hatch in just a day or two. Other mosquitoes may lay their eggs in old tires, tin cans, or other water holding containers. The eggs may remain unhatched for weeks or even months until they are covered with water!
In addition, you can:
- Get rid of old tires, tin cans, buckets, drums, bottles, or any water-holding containers.
- Fill in or drain any low places (puddles, ruts) in your yard.
- Keep drains, ditches and culverts clean of weeds and trash so water will drain properly.
- Cover trash containers to keep out rain water.
- Repair leaky pipes and outdoor faucets.
- Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week and store indoors when not in use.
- Make sure your backyard pool is properly cared for while you are on vacation.
- Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps that hold water with sand or concrete.
- Change the water in birdbaths and plant pots or drip trays at least once a week.
- Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well trimmed around the house so adult mosquitoes will not hide there.
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. EST
Arab Pest Control, a division of Lewellen Services, Inc.
232 West Main St., Logan, OH 43138